Using Science when Hiring Top Salespeople
One of the most important parts of a sales manager’s job is hiring. Many managers claim they rely on their gut instincts when making hiring decisions. I think this is an excuse for not developing and following detailed hiring processes.
The science of hiring relates to the use of psychometric profiles. My favourite psychometric profile is the Personal Orientation Profile or POP.
The POP™ is a normative profiling instrument that has been used to profile and track the careers of millions of people in competitive sales careers.
The POP 7.0™ is a leading selection, training and coaching tool for competitive salespeople. The POP7.0™ has evolved through 7 generations of validation and has proven to be predictive in over 40 countries and 40 languages.
There is no excuse for hiring badly, especially when there are many fine assessment tools available, tools that have been validated over millions of reps.
There is a science to hiring top performers; it’s not all instinct despite claims otherwise.
Sales Management Training
- Sales Management Training Tip – #1 Just do It!
- Sales Management Training Tips – #2 Start Asking
- Sales Management Training Tip #28 Hiring Top Performers Made Simple
- Sales Management Training Tip #29 Use Science when Hiring Top Sales People
- Sales Management Training Tips: Set your Goals for Success
- Sales Management Training Tip: The Power of Handwritten Recognition
- Sales Management Training Tip – Focus on What’s Going to Make You Successful!
- Sales Management Training Tip: Shift your Coaching Style
- Sales Management Training Tip: Don’t Hire the Plug and Play
- Sales Management Training Tip #49 – The Theory of 8