By Steven A.Rosen
The best way to recognize great performance is by sending a handwritten motivational card. I believe there are two things that motivate most sales reps.
1. Is the ability to do the job they paid to and
2. Being recognized for a job well done.
With email and text messages it is very easy to bang off a quick note. Personalized hand-written notes are a rarity? If you want to differentiate yourself as a manager handwriting personalized recognition cards is very motivating.
If you want to be a STAR sales manager, make sure you have a variety of motivational cards at your disposal.
Make sending recognition notes a discipline. The key is planning time to do this. I used to book one hour every month to write recognition notes.
I was blown away when one of my sales reps Christine came up to me six months later and said how much she appreciated my note. WOW, personal handwritten communication is a POWERFUL form of recognition.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s tip.
Sales Management Training
Want more sales management training tips? Check out these valuable sales management tips on our YouTube Channel Sales Management TV.
- Sales Management Training Tip – #1 Just do It!
- Sales Management Training Tips – #2 Start Asking
- Sales Management Training Tip #28 Hiring Top Performers Made Simple
- Sales Management Training Tip #29 Use Science when Hiring Top Sales People
- Sales Management Training Tips: Set your Goals for Success
- Sales Management Training Tip: The Power of Handwritten Recognition
- Sales Management Training Tip – Focus on What’s Going to Make You Successful!
- Sales Management Training Tip: Shift your Coaching Style
- Sales Management Training Tip: Don’t Hire the Plug and Play
- Sales Management Training Tip #49 – The Theory of 8
Remember you hold the key to unlocking the potential of your sales team.