I have said it before and I will say it again – SALES MANAGERS ARE STRUGGLING!
Only 10-20% of Sales Managers are Crushing It! The rest are struggling to make their sales numbers.
They find themselves overwhelmed, overstressed and lacking the tools and training to be the best they can be.
Here is the question you need to ask yourself.
Where does your region fall in terms of sales to quota this year?
- Over Quota: Crushing it Zone 10-20% >> Making big bonus, your team is pumped and you’re feeling like you are making an impact.
- Between 90% and 99.9%: That puts you in the Proceed with Caution Zone which means that you and your team are struggling to make your numbers, working long hours, stressed, and maybe making some bonus.
- Below 90%: Danger Zone 40-60%. No one wants to be in the danger zone as it is frustrating, stressful and very overwhelming. The result, your team is disgruntled, you are experiencing turnover and forget about any bonus.
You are a sales leader. As Peter Drucker so eloquently started
“Leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results, not attributes.”
If your results are not there this year, then what are you going to do differently?
My solution of being in the “crushing it zone” next year is quite simply becoming a better sales coach. The research shows that if you do the following:
- Improve your coaching effectiveness
- Get out in the field more frequently
- Follow a proven methodology
You will have a tremendous impact on the performance and results of your team.
Just do it!
For Sales Managers That Are Struggling
Do you want to coach like a pro and drive more sales? The Focused Sales Coaching virtual training course provides you with all the skills, exercises, and sales coaching tools you need to become a STAR Sales Coach.