Sales Management Training Tip #8: Customize Your Coaching
By Steven A. Rosen
Welcome back to Sales Management TV. Today I want to talk to you about a very important aspect of coaching. The tip of the week is “Customize Your Coaching.”
Coaching is a “one to one” sport. It has to be specific and delivered in a way that best speaks to the individual.
Training is a one size fits all activity. Coaching, on the other hand, must be customized to the individual. Coaching starts with diagnosing each sales reps particular area for improvement. It is best when the sales rep is self-aware and can self-evaluate areas for improvement. Then adapting your coaching style to the person and about developing individualized development plans. It is unique to each rep.
Don’t be one of those managers who coach all their reps the same way. If you do, then you have fallen into the trap of “one size fits all” coaching.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s tip.
Remember you hold the key to unlocking the potential of your sales team.
Sales Management Training
Want more sales management training tips? Check out these valuable sales management tips on our YouTube Channel Sales Management TV.
- Sales Management Training Tip – #1 Just do It!
- Sales Management Training Tips – #2 Start Asking
- Sales Management Training Tip #28 Hiring Top Performers Made Simple
- Sales Management Training Tip #29 Use Science when Hiring Top Sales People
- Sales Management Training Tips: Set your Goals for Success
- Sales Management Training Tip: The Power of Handwritten Recognition
- Sales Management Training Tip – Focus on What’s Going to Make You Successful!
- Sales Management Training Tip: Shift your Coaching Style
- Sales Management Training Tip: Don’t Hire the Plug and Play
- Sales Management Training Tip #49 – The Theory of 8
- Sales Management Training Tip 8 – Customise your Coaching
If you would like more Sales Management Tips, then click on the link below to get my FREE eBook with 6 of my favorite Tips!
Want to find out more about 52 Sales Management Tips – The Sales Manager’s Success Guide?