Bold Leaders Required to Succeed
Are you finding it challenging to get buy-in to the change you need to succeed?
Sales leaders are dealing with extreme change. I don’t care what industry you are in or your market position. We are all facing traumatic change.
The market, your customers, your boss, and your people are all experiencing the same.
As a leader, you are expected to lead change.
The problem is how to get your ideas moving forward with internal people.
Firstly, senior management is risk-averse and not supportive of change initiatives.
Secondly, your people are overwhelmed and resistant to more change.
The status quo is not bringing in the results you need. So, what are you to do?
You can put your head in the sand and hope for the best, or you can step up and be a BOLD leader.
The choice is yours.
I believe if you are to succeed as a sales leader, the first attribute you need is to be BOLD.
What do BOLD leaders do?
BOLD leaders not only develop new strategies and tactics, but they also act on making them happen without hesitation.
This means that BOLD leaders understand how to obtain buy-in from senior management and gain buy-in from the sales team to execute the change.
How To Sell Senior Management on Change
1. Come prepared with a well-thought-out plan. (Click here to download a sales plan template).
2. Always have at least one advocate in the room
3. Don’t accept no; go for a small YES. Pilot, Pilot, Pilot
4. Demonstrate the downside risk of doing nothing
5. Demonstrate the upsides
How To Lead Change
1. Bring your people into the plan. Let them own it.
2. Have internal influencers champion the change.
3. Be ready to address objections.
4. Share how it will impact them.
5. WIFM. What is in it for them to execute the new initiative or change.
As the business landscape continues to change with inflation, recession, supply chain issues, viruses and who knows what else, we need sales leaders that are BOLD and can lead change in their organizations.
If you are facing resistance to buy-in to a great idea that will improve organizational success, book a 15-minute meeting with me so I can help you move the needle.